Welcome!

If you are out and about and find an example of real life math,
take a picture or find a link and send it to me at jswope@phil-mont.com
with a short description.

You are welcome to leave helpful comments and suggestions!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

M.C. Escher


I'm writing a paper on M.C. Escher for my History of Math grad school class. He uses complex mathematical concepts in many of his works. This is my favorite because the salamanders are tessellations that appear to come to life and climb right off of the page.

Can you think of any works of art that show mathematical concepts?

M.C. Escher Official Website

1 comment:

  1. I looooooove M.C. Escher! Especially when he's really impossible, like water going uphill or people walking down upside-down staircases without falling off.

    ReplyDelete