Welcome!

If you are out and about and find an example of real life math,
take a picture or find a link and send it to me at jswope@phil-mont.com
with a short description.

You are welcome to leave helpful comments and suggestions!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Poetic Math

Today I learned about poetry.

What does that have to do with math? Well, let's see!

Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry that consists of three phrases. The first phrase contains five syllables, the second phrase contains seven syllables, and the third contains five syllables. That makes a total of seventeen syllables. The phrases do not have to rhyme.


I wrote my first haiku and it goes like this:


My name is Miles.
I like to solve math problems.
I am a good boy.


Not bad if I do say so myself.

Have you ever written a haiku? If so, send it to me and I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment